Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Morning nutrition and exercise?

In the mornings when I get up I am not really hungry. I do some light stretching then after half an hour have some toast, lentils, oats, soy, phys-ilium and green tea. I still don't fell like I have woken up and then I get peckish all morning till about 12.00pm. If I don't eat small snacks in the morning I feel agitated and light headed. In the afternoon I am fine. Could this be my metabolism? I used to be able to exercise in the mornings, but now it takes a lot out of me. I am 43.

I take vitamins like B, C, fish oil and an energy supplement, all after breakfast. I don't take any meds.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It sounds like you might be hypoglycemic in the mornings (low blood sugar). This would make sense as presumably, you haven't eaten during the night. Small snacks would certainly help this, which explains why you feel better if you do eat throughout the morning. Peckish is okay! The toast has sugar(carbs) in it; also consider fruits.

However, to make sure this is nothing more serious, I would strongly recommend a check up with your physician, along with some labs, including a metabolic panel. This tests for electrolytes (sodium, potassium etc) as well as blood sugar.