Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Seeing a therapist 10 points please help?

Ok I'm un educated on exactly what are patient rights..iv been seeing a therapist for about 8 months shes really nice and she really helps me.But my moms abusing prescription drugs and my therapist told me sense I'm a minor that she has the right to call and question my moms doctor because her drug use was effecting me...does she have this right

Downloads
    Uploads
    yes, because under the law your mother still has custody over you and the government tries to make sure that guardians are competent enough to raise a child and they believe that the guardian isn't or is hurting their children in anyway, some action must be taken. I'm sure that if you didn't want her to there would be a patient and doctor confidentiality break unless you and your and doctor signed an agreement that your doctor has the right to research direct problems of your health with any of your or your relatives doctors since there is also a doctor patent even if your mother isn't the patient.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes.
    When harm could be done or is being done to you or someone you know, she is legally bond to report it. She can do it anonymously and not say anything about you or how she found out or whatever....but as long as your in danger, and it is affecting you, she can call the police or your moms doctor.

Downloads
    Uploads
    She has the right to call the child-family protection agency (or whatever your state calls it) but I'm not sure if she can call your mom's doctor. But it is her duty to do something if she feels you are being harmed by it. She can actually lose her job for not reporting child abuse.