Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

How should I keep my White Pekin duck and Indian Runner Duck Warm and Safe?

I live in Connecticut and winter can get pretty rough...right now my two ducks live in a shelter below my deck. Its not insulated and im afraid they will freeze, if anyone has suggestions please let me know!

Unregistered

Ducks in winter

Actually they like to see the open so when its cold make maybe a gated box so they can see or a wooded one with holes so they can see the cold isn't that bad to them they sleep like army men together. one opens their eyes for an hour and the other sleeps they take turns. also get a dog house and put that in the 5 ft tall 5 ft wide wooded box with holes so if they get cold they go in that. don't force them in there let them go when they want to. keep checking on the water make sure it doesn't freeze and thats about it