Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Do you really think it is a good idea to send children or teens out to spread...

...their religion? My brother is LDS and he recently went on a mission. Before he left, I was throwing out some questions (just for fun) to prepare him for dealing with "heathens" as some of my family likes to call me. It suprised me that he had trouble answering some that I really thought would be pretty basic. And some of the answers he gave were completely incorrect.

Now, he is a smart kid...but is it really a good idea to send teenagers out to spread a religion that they may not even have a complete grasp on yet? Why would the members of the church with more years of learning not go out there?

And this isn't limited to Mormons....as I had a child (at least enough sense that an adult accompanied her) probably not older than 12 bring a pamplet to my door and ask if she could share the word of god with me. I was a Christian more years than she's been alive. She can't possibly have a full understanding of what exactly she was attempting to share with me, can she?

Opinions? Thoughts?
    ~*Felic - Yes, he does have a strong testimony, and this was something he was really looking foward to (definitely not my cup of tea, can you believe we're even related, lol?) Anyway...they sent him to East LA....

He's my younger brother....I just worry about him, you know.
    mathaown - excellent points. My mother (also non-LDS) almost had a heart attack when she found out she would have limited communication and wasn't allowed to visit him for two years. That was really hard on her.

Downloads
    Uploads
    No it is nothing more than a version of child abuse.