Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm 18, 5'1" and weigh from 90 to mid 80's. Is that too skinny?

My friends keep saying I'm too skinny. I eat healthy and well balanced, for the most part. I exercise as much as I can, but from a permanent back injury I got 5 years ago, I had to stop all competitive sports, but still partake in surfing, horseback riding, swimming, jogging...to an extent. I just don't know if my weight is unhealthy.

I have to admit I want to be skinny like many others because it's a self image thing, but from what people are telling me, I'm too skinny, but even though I try to gain weight, it never stays.

Downloads
    Uploads
    so wat??? its your body. if its naturally that way then good. be happy and smile that your not fat!!!))

Downloads
    Uploads
    Based on the height(5'1") and weight (85lbs) entered, the BMI (Body Mass Index) is 16.1, placing the BMI-for-age below the 1st percentile for girls aged 18 years 0 months. This teen is underweight and should be seen by a healthcare provider for further assessment to determine possible causes of underweight.

Downloads
    Uploads
    OMG I am not the only one sorry I have the same problem i am 4'8" and i am 12 and weigh well in my 60's or 70;s and to me in is embarrasing. Don't feel left out you probably have a really high matablism which means everything you eat it does not give you really any weight it just goes through you. That is exactly what i have. My mom told me to just worry about being healthy and everything will be fine so hang in there and i will try too. (smile)