Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Brian

Router problem, mixed with some xbox dns problem, and a tad of att dsl problem?.....?

My internet worked fine untill today. I had 2 phone lines, one for the internet/my room, and one for the house. we got rid of the one for my room and ran the internet to the line we have left now. when i plugged it in and started using it, it was acting weird. it has been working on and off and acting crazy. i have been talking on the phone all day now and have got nothing else done between att, linksys, and xbox. they all blame it on my router, but in order for them to tell me how to fix it, i need to extend my warrenty, .99 worth of extending. I have reset the modem and router, i have tried damn near everything. when i was running it thru my router, only the computer would work on the internet, and my xbox live would stop at dns. now nothing works. xbox says i need to open the ports on my router and gave me some numbers to put it, but idk how to do that. i mean i have been on the router ip page but im lost. please help me get this working. router is model BEFSR41 v3.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You have DSL? You should go with cable Internet service if you plan on using XBOX Live. If you already have cable Internet, you will have to do some port forwarding if your router is not compatible with XBOX Live. Go for the new Linksys WRT54G2 at a cost of about $50 and you won't have to worry about port forwarding. There is a good article on Bungie.net (Halo) website about port forwarding, if you don't purchase a new router. Good luck.