Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

my 13 yr. old is complaining about upper abdominal pain, chronic nausea and fatigue.?

She has an appointment tomorrow with the doctor, but I am curious about something. She and her sisters wrestle very rough with each other. If she were to have mono, could this have caused futher damage to her spleen? The area she is complaining about is exactly where the spleen is located. She is extremely nauseous after eating, but claims she can't actually burp. It does not sound like common indigestion complaints either.

I read online that athletes with mono risk ruptured spleens all the time. The way she and her sisters throw each other around doing wrestling moves all the time I think would qualify as athletic. She has been fatigued like this for quite sometime. I just thought it was related to growing and staying up too late.

Now I am really concerned. Anyone know anything about spleen problems, mono or just what this could be?
    I do not think she has ruptured her spleen, I was more concerned about it being inflamed.

She says it doesn't hurt anywhere near the appendix.

Growing pains is what I originally contributed it all to, but now I am not so sure. She was exposed to mono about 6 weeks ago at school.

sea_wolfman
    If she ruptured her spleen--she'd be really bad off. Make sure she gets a CBC with differential. Could be a thousand things==probably just what you think about staying up late. Remote possibility of Leukemia type thing--but very remote. Other possibilities--Celiacs, H.pylori, Viral GI, but most likely growing pains.

Stephanie C
    i think it can possibly be the appendix!
    this happened to my cousin.
    and she had to get surgery