I was hospitalized in December of 2008 for suicidal ideation and diagnosed with an unspecified mood disorder and possibly schizophrenia. I was put on Pristiq and Zyprexa and started feeling better and thinking normally after a week or two. I started to get paranoid again in January and went off of the medication completely. When I went back to the doctor a month or two later, they put me back on the medication and upped the Zyprexa. I was doing okay until September when I tried to contact someone I was involved with during my psychotic break. I was paranoid for a couple of days, but managed to talk myself down on my own. In November, I asked my psychiatrist to switch my meds because I had gained 50 pounds in the past year. (I am a 5"6' female and now weigh 170 pounds.) She said Pristiq doesn't cause weight gain but that Zyprexa does and put me on Geodon. I started becoming paranoid again in January after I tried to contact another person I was acquainted with last year and went through my journals from that time period. I managed to talk myself down again, but decided I needed therapy to deal with the past as it keeps coming back to me and I do not know how to make sense of it on my own. My psychiatrist said last week that Geodon obviously wasn't working for me and put me back on the Zyprexa. She also added self-esteem issues to the list of things I need to work on with my therapist, because she didn't feel that having gained 50 pounds with the possibility of gaining more in the future was that big of a deal. I don't believe that the medication switch caused my paranoia and I think it's reasonable to not want to be overweight. Am I being irrational or should I see a different psychiatrist?