Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Should I be concerned about this?

Three days ago, I had to have a colcoscopy performed last year I tested high risk HPV. I first had it done last year, and showed high risk with abnormal cell growth (PAP). My doctor said there were eight abnormal spots, so she took samples from each (a total of sixteen samples).

My last Pap came back clear, which was a relief, but I still tested high risk HPV. She wanted to rerun the colcoscopy because I'd had abnormal bleeding from late September until early January. She worried that it was a sign of pre-cancer. So, I had the test run again three days ago. She happily told me that there was only one remaining spot, which was a good sign, and she only took two samples (one from each side).

I had no abnormal problems like dizziness or cramping. It was actually less torturous than last time, so I thought everything would be fine. She warned me about cramping, sweating, fever, chills, and all that, but I have had nothing but the typical discharge.

Today, I went to the bathroom, and found a blob of tissue that looked like dead skin. It was white with a hint of gray, and looked a lot like what I guess the inside of a clam or oyster might look like (the meat). It wasn't huge. Maybe about the size of the end of a pinky nail.

I wasn't concerned at first. I just assumed that maybe the spot she'd biopsied had died and broke loose from the backside of my uterus. I'm not having any pain, fever, chilling, or strong odor, and my discharge is back to being clear. But now it's weighing on my mind. I don't want to call the emergency room (the doctor won't be in again until Tuesday) unless I start showing signs of infection and I feel fine, but I can't find anything about this being a possible occurrence on any medical sites. Should I be concerned?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Something similar happened to me and I was told it was scar tissue. But I would bring it up to your doctor when you see her again. If your not in pain or have a fever or sore throat I wouldn't worry about it. If you do get these symptoms go to the ER.