Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Runny eyes in elderly lady?

Hi - please would anyone who understands this problem, be kind enough to advise me. My mother in law who is in her late 70's has suffered from runny eyes for the past few years. Last year she had an operation on her eyes to unblock the tear ducts, but it hasn't made any difference at all. I expect to most people this seems a minor problem but it distresses her terribly. Whenever she goes out in the cold, or wind, the tears just stream down her face <just from one eye> and makes her really unhappy. This morning she went back to the hospital for another eye check and they just told her to go away and come back in 6 months. I get the feeling she is being fobbed off and wonder if anyone knows anything about this condition or have any suggestions as to possible treatment. Thank you all so much for taking the time to read this question.

Downloads
    Uploads
    she might have vaso motor rhinitis in which you can buy over the counter Zatidor or Equate brand eye itch at Walmart, this will stop it. for dry eyes, they use cyclosporin eye drops to make more tears. She didn't have blocked tear ducts that wouldn't make her eyes runny, that would make them dry and crusty. She is being "fobbed off". the alternative of vasomotor rhinitis is allergy in which she would get progressively worse with sneezing and react to substances. I have vaso motor rhinitis. Please tell me you are in the US, you could search Zatidor on line to get the generic name. It works. I use it , have the same problem. as far are blocked tear ducts, really no such thing unless there is growths or polyps, they use lacrimal tools to "unblock" the tear ducts and it doesn't need an "operation". the above med will help, you only need to use it 2x daily. I promise, it works, it's about 9-10$ at Walmart for generic.