Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    xenophobe

Is it possible to be having these brutal alcohol withdrawals again?

I was sober for a few years after kicking a horrible drug habit. Four months ago I started drinking again and haven't had a sober day since. Recently I had been beginning to get severe abdominal pains and haven't been eating well. So since I have not had a day without alcohol in several months I promised to have a sober day yesterday. I took some melatonin and read and was unable to sleep, was sweating profusely, started dry heaving and was experiencing the shakes once again. I had these symptons before but that was after years of it and I'm only 28... Is this possible after only drinking four months?

mended.ticker
    YES once An alcholic always an alcholic.....sorry to hear sweetie what happened?

Yes, yes, yes! You need help with it. You could easily have a seizure and hurt yourself badly. Either come off of it very slowly, or at least get some valium to help with the tremors.
    I've had the DT's after drinking for only 3 weeks. It doesn't take long at all, especially if you've been a daily drinker. Good luck.