Im 32 years old and never had children. Not by choice, just hasn't happened yet.

I have always had heavy periods. Last month was no worse than usual. 2 weeks ago I had light spotting for about 3-4 days as well as the past month I have been having pains just above the pelvic area mostly on the left side. Then yesterday my period comes full force, im now soaking a tampon every half hour or so and having the most severe cramping I've ever had in my life.
I can't get into the gyne til about another month or so but this is a LOT of blood. I don't know what to do. If I go to the hospital is there something they can do to slow the bleeding? or should I just hang here and wait it out and hopefully it slows.

I asked about this earlier and someone mentioned possibly the spotting could have been implantation and maybe im miscarrying. How else would I know if I am.
My bf and I are extremely sexually active, almost on a daily basis sometimes twice and never use birth control. But yet I've never been pregnant before.