My mom has been addicted to perscription pain pills for 15 years. SHe has never admitted she had a problem until about 4 days ago. She went to a detox center for like four days and then she will have some options of other rehab facilities but she also has the option to go home.

My dad has had the same problem but controls it a bit better. He totally enables her. He now says he just wants her home and he misses her and he thinks that they can get through this together.

I know that he cant help her. Our whole family and some friends have tried to explain that to him. He really is unreasonable. He thinks that he doesnt have a problem, he is in denial. He just wants him and my mom to be together but he is manipulating her into coming home before she is ready. I know this.

Im 20 and Ive dealt with this my whole life. Im an only child and my dad and I have completely grown apart. I used to be close to them both but I just CANT do this anymore. This has really hurt my childhood.

So what can I do? My mom seems to want help but she seems to be blind to the fact that right now my father isnt good for her. In fact.. he is lousy for her recovery.
Please help.. I feel so lost. I want a mother but only a sober one. I wont do this anymore and when I say that I love her and ill always be there but I wont watch her live like this my dad acts like I dont love her and he say well ill never leave her.. blah blah blah. I really dont know how to get through to him or open her eyes.