Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

PLEASE answer this question, help please!?

Ok, so one day my friend, my other friend, and my brother were walking around our building parking lot, hanging out, this is near a woods, then it was around 4 ish pm, a small raccoon came out from the woods, it was very small, thin and the poor thing was limping, hard to walk. it collapsed, layed there and had a seizure. It walked up limping and had another seizure, this poor raccoon probably had rabies. My friends and I followed it, far though like 2 meters and it never noticed us, we went to our parents and called animal control after 1 hour, they came and took it away. Now is it possible that the ground that both I and the raccoon shared have left rabies, perhaps from the saliva or other fluids, i carried the germs in my home, not putting clothes in laundry and not proper hand washing... Should i get shots, my mom said no because i didn't touch it.

Oh yeah. This happened about 1 year ago, maybe even more! :S But i read that rabies can take years to develop..

Also incident 2:

i was dog sitting a dog and i was walking it, i had not much experience with dogs, so i as walking it, and the dog rolled around in a dead squirrel! I ran home and franticaly washed it with human shampoo. Do you think the animal had rabies and got on the dog, the dog was vaccinated, but I wasnt! ARENT ... i AM NOT! SO THE RABIES TRANSFERED ON MY AND THEN I ATE WITH THE DISUISTING NESS OF RABIES! I ATE WITH THE RABIES ON IT! POSSIBILITY? THIS HAPPENED ALSO 1 YEAR AGO(OOPS caps lock on) This happened 1 year ago, but again rabies can take years, and also my other incedint, i was in romania and my uncles dog licked my open wound, it ws a stray but he had it for 9 moonths and it was vaccinated, it may be safe, but what about me? this happened 6 months ago.

and my last one http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;...

what do you think, currently i am rabies free-or seeiming, should i get shots? My mom wont take me though! am i paranoid, is eshe right to think that i dont need them?

Junior Member SuperVibrationalEscrow's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You dont have rabies, you arent in any danger of rabies. You cannot get rabies from walking on raccoon spit or from dead squirrel juices on a dogs fur. No way. It has never happened that way. If it bit you or if you were in a cave of bats where the virus was extremely thick in the air and you inhaled it. Thats the only two ways it has ever happened.

Junior Member SuperVibrationalEscrow's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You dont have rabies, you arent in any danger of rabies. You cannot get rabies from walking on raccoon spit or from dead squirrel juices on a dogs fur. No way. It has never happened that way. If it bit you or if you were in a cave of bats where the virus was extremely thick in the air and you inhaled it. Thats the only two ways it has ever happened.