Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

A piece of skin hanging from my uvula!?

its been there about 1 or 2 years i went to the doctors and she said they could of cut it off then or it will just come off in a month or week but its been about 2 years and i just looked today and its stretching farther. what it looks like is a skinny piece about the same size of my uvula with like a ball on the end.

does anyone else have one of these? its kind of scarying me

Unregistered
    I have the same thing! Except its only been I think a couple months and my mom has to make a apt to make sure everythings okay and to get it cut off. I was worried I was the only one

Unregistered
    i have had mine for over 6 years and was told the same :O i will go and get it checked out as i can feel it at the back of my throat all the time and its pretty annoying. I don`t think you have anything to worry about as nothing has happened to me lol. But you are better checking it out as i am no doctor.

Unregistered
    I have one too. I've had it for prolly 5 years that i have noticed it being there. Mine is so long that i can push it to the roof of my mouth with my tongue. and i can grab it with my fingers. first time i noticed it i about flipped out, but i dont ever seem to notice it, i have never had it checked out by a dr, and i dont have any problem eating or choking. But i do what it gone! lol I dont think its harmful just a little something that makes us unique!

Unregistered

Likewise

I have had a cold for the past week and have developed an extremely annoying cough now at the end. I also have noticed that i suddenly have an extension of extra "skin" hanging from my uvula that is constantly tickling the back of my throat... If you guys have had this for years, i dont know how you can stand it!

Unregistered
    I've had mine for as long as I can remember.. since I was a child I think.
    I remember a couple times blood stopped flowing to it for some reason and it would turn black, giving me this feeling that something was stuck and the back of my throat. Other than that, it hasn't really been noticeable to me.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has this though.

Unregistered
    I've had one of those since I was about 11. I'm 39 now. Never been a problem. The dentists/doctors I've seen over the years have never expressed any concern. Maybe I'll have it cut off one day but so far it has never bothered me.

Unregistered
    I have had this thing for about 2 yrs now I believe is when I noticed it my throat has been hurting and I have began to get freaked out but I guess some ppl are different it looks like a little ball hangin on the end of a piece of dental floss hanging from yur uvula ? Right ?

Unregistered
    I have had one all my life...never been really bothersome but I don't think a lot of docs have seen them nexus EVERY doctor I have ever seen seem amazed but don't really have answers.

Unregistered
    Becuz****

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast