Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

No period in 4 months....?

And i'm not preggers [still a virgin]. Umm i went to the gyno n he said it was b/c i was *underweight* which i dont think i am...I'm 5'5 and 110 lbs..ok my question is...Theres girls who are way skinnier than me and they have no problem with their periods...so y the heck am i not getting it?? I refuse to gain weight so what else can i do??

Any advice...please!!! Thanks =]

Downloads
    Uploads
    Because not everyone's the same. Some people have different reactions to things. Not all obese people will have a heart attack, just like not all skinny people will have the same health problems.

You have a major problem!! Your desire to be thin is compromising your health and not just for the next couple months. You could be destroying your body for LIFE. Listen to your doctor!! You're willing to destroy yourself because of a number on a scale? That's really sad. Really really sad, and I truly hope you get some help. You need to talk to a therapist about this. The evidence is right in front of you. Not getting a period for 4 months is a big, big deal.

The biggest thing I wish I could get younger people to understand is that every single thing you do is life-changing.

Downloads
    Uploads
    well the docter says what the docter say i think the doc is right but mayby you could try to put on a few pound reli tho its no big deal!!! hope this helped

Downloads
    Uploads
    ... You're COMPLAINING about having no period?

My advice is to not question a good thing.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah...you should be around 125...your body needs fat to produce sufficient estrogen...and amenorrhea (technical term for lack of period in post menarche person) could increase your risk of osteoporosis. It sounds to me like you may have a bit of an eating disorder....you think some girls are "way skinnier" when you (at 5'5 and 110 ) are obviously underweight, and you flat out refuse to gain weight for the sake of your health.
    Looks like you're out of luck girl. Either you seek help or the problem with just escalate.