My grandfather had a stroke last night and was rushed to his local hospital very quickly, when they first noticed his face. He was there for a few hours and unknown tests were done. He was then ambulanced to another hospital 1 hour ambulance drive away to the best hospital for strokes in our state. We have gotten little answers from this hospital and if anyone has any knowledge on strokes that would be wonderful.
They said they thought it was on his temporal lobe, he did have slurred speech but he remember who all his family was and is very hard of hearing anyway so that can't be used as a symptom. They say he has blood in his brain but do not want to drill. Today, all of his vitals are stable and he has never had any problems with his heart or any other organs in his body. Today, he couldn't speak at all though- i think they had him sedated?!? Not really sure. He still has a very good color to his face and even though he didn't talk he knew who I was when I visited. The new hospital has done a few more CT scans, but we have not talked to the doctor in almost 24 hours and have made them well aware, 'but they are busy and all the doctors are treating patients.'

My family is concerned because he was not talking today, and they have no plans to drill into his skull. Is it good that they aren't planning this? We are not sure if he was sedated and did not get to visit with him long today, he was very tired.

Thank you for any information you have for me. If you are religious, please pray for my grandfather, and that he may have the strength to overcome all of this. Everything is greatly appreciated. I know he is very strong and I have put all of my strength into getting him better. We can overcome this.