Ok well this is along story with lots of tests results, but please be patient.. I could really use some advice. I have been seeing an endocrinologist since July, 2007. It was first for womanly problems( I have had an absent period for two years, and It turns out I was Insulin Resistant.) so she put me on Metformin. I took it for a few months, and it didn't help- still no natural period on my own. So after a few checkup appointments, with no progress we scheduled another appointment. Well, before the appointment about a month before- I started having dizzy spells whenever I would lay down, or sit up. I mean, I hardly ever get dizzy- but it was REALLY bad. So when we went , I informed my doctor and she was concerned and said that it was probably something else, since the Metformin should have worked if it was going to work, and I am having symptoms of other things. This appointment was in February of this year. So the Metformin was not helping with what it was prescribed for. She then scheduled me for an ATCH stimulation test, and also had a BMP done, and everything that she could suspect, checking my Aldosterone and Renin, and Sodium. Everything came back normal except my Sodium and Aldosterone. My sodium was on the low side, and this alarmed my doctor I want to say it was around a point under normal, or on the lower normal side. My Aldosterone was double what it was suppose to be. The normal level is around 13, mine was 32. So they asked to check my blood pressure because of the dizziness . So I laid down and sat up , taking my blood pressure - and it dropped just a few points when I sat up. It was still in the normal range though. My doctor then decided to do a test where she put me on a LOW sodium diet for two days, and then a HIGH sodium diet for three, and in-between have the blood tests to see what my Sodium and Aldosterone did, how they fluctuated. Well, on the high sodium diet- my sodium stayed the same! Still lower on the normal side, but my Aldosterone went to normal. Then when I was on the LOW sodium diet, my sodium dropped to nearly comatose level! Dropping to 126, which is dangerously low. My aldosterone went back up to 42!! More than it was to begin with. My doctor was puzzled, because of all this. So she decided to put me on Florinef- a medicine used to treat Addison's which , I do not have. She wanted to see how it might help my sodium and Aldosterone. So I took that for a few weeks, and then recently she retested my sodium( blood, and urine), Cretatnine ( for the second time, which is normal as it was previous.) a BMP, Aldosterone and Renin. Everything was in normal, but there was one problem. My Renin has doubled from what it is suppose to be! Although the medicine raised my Sodium to 141, and lowered my Aldosterone to 19. My Renin is now 9.9, where it is suppose to be around 4. My Renin was always normal before. So now she advised me to stop taking the Florinef- and just salt everything alot, and be retested in a month. She is at a loss I think, as am I. My body just isn't keeping Salt. She said she had never seen anything like this. Has anyone been through anything similar? Or know what could be going on? I am at a loss. Thanks for reading.