Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

my roommate has aspergers syndrome. i need help. anyone?

I just started college and my roommate has aspergers syndrome. I feel bad, but he's realllllly annoying. He never stops talking (Everyday he tells me LITERALLY everything that he has done that day) He has terrible hygiene(never flushes the toilet/rarely showers) and the slightest noise wakes him up. He doesnt seem to have a filter, he just says whatever comes to mind, no matter hw insensitive or rude. He has no concept of personal items/space/privacy (he constantly touches/takes my things without asking, he will walk right up and put his face next to mine to read what I'm typing,) He has very weird sexual "issues" i dont know what to call it, he wanted to sleep in the nude, but i said no in my roomate agreement, and one night he just laid there humping the bed for an horu while watching TV. I DON'T WHAT TO DO! I haven't yelled at him yet because I know he has a disorder and can't help some stuff, but my patience is running low and I'm about to snap. Please any information, advice, anything, would be very helpful. Thank you

also recently ive walked in to him snooping around my desk. food has gone missing and when i ask him about it he is obviously lying because he gets very worked up.

Unregistered
    just try to put up with social issues. as far as things you dont want him to do, be very straightforward. understand that he doesnt react to social cues and sometimes just plain old doesnt know better. dont beat around the bush and try to say what you mean politely. remember that if you get angry with him, hes just going to be worse with his social issues around you. hope this sortof helps, ive been reading up because i found out my new roommate has aspergers and i dont rightly feel like pissing him off on a regular basis.