...him... I need some advice!? Here's the story as i can fit in here... My husband has known this man, who is now 32, since he was 4. They were best friends throughout public school, highschool, and for several years beyond that. Shortly after highschool, a series of events led the friend to an addiction of crack, oxy's, cocaine, and ecstasy. In the past year he has been snorting a minimum of 20 oxy's a day, as well as snorting ecstasy, and very minimal use of crack/cocaine - he also smoked marijuana excessively. He always complained of body aches and never feelign well which is why the doctor;s always filled his perscriptions. At christmas he woke up one morning and said he felt great and basically quit all the drugs cold turkey. Since then, he has become completely out of control with his imagination. He lives 40 minutes away from us. One day he showed up at our house and asked my husband to go for a drive with him. While they were out for a drive, (i continued this below)
he told my husband that when he looks at me he sees a demon and that I am only with him because I see an early heart attack and I am there just for the inheritance. He also told him that god spoke to him and told him to drive all that way to warn my husband that I will poison him to kill him and I will kill my father in law as well. He is going around the town telling people that he is the 2nd coming of christ and people will all be afraid of him because he will move mountains, blah, blah, blah. He has also started boxing and believes that he is going to be a pro boxer. He ask asked professional boxers to take him on because he believes that he can beat them in the ring. He joined a church back in January, and this past weekend, the priest or minister (i am not sure what kind of church he was attending) had asked him not to return -
He says the priest told him it was because he asks too many questions, but I am sure it is because he is disrupting the church by trying to convince everyone he is Christ. He is trying to convince everyone he knows that the world is ending in 4 years, and that the prophecies regarding his life and his calling are all coming true, I could go on forever on all the things that come out of this man's mouth. My husband will not just walk away from him, and I have only known him for a few years but in my own way, i don't want to see him all alone either even though he is trying to convince as many people as he can that I am demonic. I think his delusion is a result of the drugs but
I really want to see him get better. No one is doing anythign about it, just pretending he is not there. Another thing we are afraid of is if he thinks he speaks directly to god, what happens when his so called god tells him to rid the world of who he sees evil and tries to hurt me or anyone else. How can we help this man to realize he has lost it? he really needs help, and quite honestly, i do not want him anywhere near me or my family, I feel he is a dangerous person. How can I help the situation? It is so frustrating because he really believes every single thing he says and what i have written already isn't even the tip of the iceberg.

I am very sorry it was so long... and i don't know if this was the place to ask, i just didn't know where else to look for answers to this.

Please, serious answers only...
Yeah for sure he needs rehab... but he thinks there is nothing wrong with him and we are really no one to get him there... How do you convince a person who thinks they're Jesus that there is something wrong with them?