Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+

Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads

My friend is a chronic liar what should i do?

I have this long time friend, and all of her stories seem very cliche and there is proof that she has lied to us before, These lies are actually very serious such as her grandmother dying or having a dog and making up friends who live far away. We don't know if it is an illness or if she just does it to get attention, but either way it has to stop and we don't know how to confront her about this. We have tried before and she reacted by becoming angry, saying she was depressed and made up excuses for everything.

Downloads
    Uploads
    simple-walk away....

Downloads
    Uploads
    ditch her; i've found that chronic liars cause nothing but trouble and annoyance for me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    your "friend" has a lousy self image, and likely hates the reality of her life. pity her. If you haven't the patience to deal with her lies, and I suspect most of them are pretty harmless ultimately, then you will simply have to withdraw your friendship. eventually, she will learn that such lies do her no good, and end up costing her a great deal. it's sad, all she really wants is to feel like she counts, but until she "counts" to herself in her own mind, she won't understand why she lies and she will continue to do so. it's all about poor self image and lies are her way of try to cope with feeling she is truly worthless.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree, walk away, stop being her friend, she's looking for attention so do the opposite, give her none.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Tell her you wish she was Pinocchio because you could use a few cords of wood her nose would provide.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a friend like that too. I confronted her one day after I had enough of her ridiculous lies. We never talked again, but honestly it is probably better this way. Do you want a friend who's lying all the time, and you never know if what she says is the truth or not?