My dog has had bad teeth since we got him from the pound three years ago. I have taken him to several vets who have all basically said his teeth were going to just fall out on their own because the majority looked dead- none of his teeth have fallen out and his bad teeth don't seem to bother him. Recently, I showed him to a vet who said it didn't seem necessary to extract any of his teeth, but he looked overdo for a cleaning. My sister recently graduated from dental heigene school and said she would do the dirty deed if I supplied the tools and some sort of anesthesia. The vet didn't see anything wrong with it and doesn't see that much of a difference between human and dog teeth, but im wondering if it would be more of a risk to my dog seeing that he would be put to sleep and the first canine that my sister would work on. I have herd that anytime a dog is put under anesthesia there is a risk of them never waking up. I love my dog but dont really have 0 to just spend immediately. He is my baby, and I know he needs this; but my husband and I don't make much money and my fellow co-workers have told me that the whole "the doc will work with you and set up a payment plan" thing is bull, and its just another credit card sort of thing where there is plenty of interest involved.