My brother, whom the night before complained of a sick stomach, and headache (and then he vomitted and felt better, then went to bed), in the morning had vomit and blood running out of his nose, and we couldn't wake him up. He was breathing, but only barely (you could tell there was fluid blocking the way by the sound) and had a very quick pulse and extremely high fever. An ambulance took him to a local hospital who diagnosed him with double pneumonia, infecting all of both lungs. Everyone in my family believes if it was pneumonia, it would have had quicker signs (such as crackling lungs, hard time breathing, which none of those were present). Any other ideas?

This is really really urgent, we're so clueless..he hasn't woken up yet , and recent information shows he had a brown recluse bite under his testicle region for a week or two before the incident...Also his blood pressure is going up and down in the hospital..Correlation? Anyone have something for me, I'm desperate..Another note..The hospital is hung on the idea that he must have took some kind of drug to do this..None of us (who were in the room) never witnessed this, but 2 days before the morning, he was got drunk with maybe 4-6 beers and a shot or two of whiskey. The alcohol is still in his blood 3 days later while he lays in the hospital, Again, confusing everyone. Last night (which was 2 days after the drinking) his blood level was at 20% alcohol, and he didn't have that much to begin with...What drug could do this to him, and also not show up on the hospital's tests? So confusing...