Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    jonnytoobad

Muscle ache after working out for the first time in years?

This week i decided to start a new training regime. It has been a while since i hit the gym, but i had someone who knew what they were doing help me out. I did free weights using a ball and a variety of pushups and crunches for about an hour. I pushed myself but not too far.

Everything felt fine on the day however now a day and a half later all my muscles ache, a lot. In fact i'm finding most things difficult and slightly painful. Its doesn't feel like an injury, but more an ache. All the specific muscles that i worked ache.

My question is is this normal, does it mean i pushed myself too hard? Or is it just because i haven't worked out in time? I this likely to happen everytime i work out, or will it be ok once i've trained a few times? Also how long should i wait after the ache has stopped before i hit the weights again?

ice100
    Nope thats completely normal, once you have trained two or three times more you will be fine

little_one
    what do you expect, just keep at it.