I'm a 21 year old female, with a history of bladder infections that were cured easily with Ciproflaxin. Usually, they were contracted by drinking sodas.

Ciproflaxin stopped working in March. No infection was found. I was referred to a urologist. Keep in mind, I worked for a doctor who prescribed this medicine for me as an alternative for missing work to go to the doctor. Overuse of an antibiotic = Immunity to its effects.

April 2008 - At first, I was told I developed an over-active bladder overnight. I was put on Vesicare, Urelle, Sanctura XR, Nitrofur. Nitrofur helped. But he only left me on it for a week, I got worse afterwards. I determined he was an idiot, so I went to another urologist.

April - July 2008 I was diagnosed with Interstitial Cystitis or "IC" in April after a 2 second examination of my vagina. Literally a glance. No forceps, no nothing. They put me on Elmiron, Urelle, Prosed, and tried to do Bladder instillations (directly injecting medicine into the bladder through a cathader). Everything made it 500% worse. I went to another urologist, because this one was never in the office to explain why nothing was working.

Aug 2008 - Third urologist said it's all in my head and gave me an anti-depressant and prescribed pelvic-floor exercises and electrical stimulation therapy. I told him he was an idiot, and went to another doctor.

Recently, I went to another gynecologist. She said let's start over from scratch. She put me on Macrobid for 2 weeks, and to chug baking soda 6 times a day. Surprisingly, I feel better. 80% better. She found also blood in my urine, which indicates infection. Nobody else seemed to be able to find infection.

Am I going crazy? Or was I misdiagnosed? Has anyone else had an experience like this? Please help. I need to know if I'm on the right track. Thanks.