to 25 mg. because of awful? side effects. At that time he had me start 30 mg. of Cymbalta to take along with the zolft and my xanax. I did that for 4 days then i lost me bottle of cymbalta,so i have just been taking the 25 mg. of zolft. and my xanax. On the 14th his office left me a message that i culd stop the zoloft. So i didnt take one yestrday,then i got to thinking oh shoot he thinks im on the cymbalta and thats why he said i could stop now...so i took a zoloft this morning and had the side effects thats what the oncall dr said to do.My question and i have askeda couple pharmicits and get differnt answers is since i cut back on the zoloft on the 8th to 25 mg. will i be ok to stop it even though im not taking the cymbalta, I think mydr. was wanting me to get the cymbalta in my system before stopping the zoloft, I dont withdrawal from the zoloft. I have only been on it a little over a month. Im thinking about asking if i can try to get over my depression without meds....anyone ever taper of zoloft like this