Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

A lump on my coccyx, Ouch!!! Painful?

I have a lil lump on my coccyx sort of between my cheeks right on top. Its not extremely uncortable and mildly painful. its not proteuding but when you feel there you can feel the lump. and when I lay on my back it hurts and when I sit it hurts. I dont remeber bumping it or hurting it at all. any ideas of what it is and treatment

Junior Member coachpisco@verizonenet's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Off the top of my head, it sounds like you have a cyst there. A cyst is like a big pimple underneath your skin. You could leave it alone, and it might go away, or, if it is really bothering you, you could see a dermatologist and have it removed. He might even be able to do it in his office. At any rate, if it doesn't go away within a reasonable amount of time (a couple of weeks), I'd go see someone. Good luck.

Junior Member coachpisco@verizonenet's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Off the top of my head, it sounds like you have a cyst there. A cyst is like a big pimple underneath your skin. You could leave it alone, and it might go away, or, if it is really bothering you, you could see a dermatologist and have it removed. He might even be able to do it in his office. At any rate, if it doesn't go away within a reasonable amount of time (a couple of weeks), I'd go see someone. Good luck.