Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Left arm pain for weeks now, rather concerned.?

Im a 19 year old student i do drink and smoke but neither heavily. I've been getting left arm pain for quite a few weeks now maybe even a month +

I've been concerned it could be a heart problem, but i had 2 ECG's at the start of the year and everything was fine and 2 different doctors checked me circulation and listened to my heart and lungs and said everything was great, one doctor even removed asthma from my nots and said thats certainly not there any more. Also my blood pressure was 120/78 and the last heart problem found in my family was slight stabalised angina in my great uncle, who was irish and drank and smoked a pipe all the time. But last night, i kept feeling a sort of popping feeling in my left arm which was irregular, i thought i twas my pulse at first but i checked that and it was strong and regular, but im getting concerned over these left arm pains.

It isnt brought on by excersise and i can walk for miles.Theres no chest pain, although sometimes it does feel tight, but it goes if i stretch.

Downloads
    Uploads
    This may sound crazy, but do you spend a lot of time on the computer?

I experienced limb tingling and pain in both arms for some time - more so in the left - and was worried. These are actually symptoms of carpal tunnel syndrome, believe it or not. The repetitive motions made with your fingers/arms/hands can actually take a toll over time.

I rearranged my computer / desk in a more "ergonomic" way, and have had hardly any problem since!

I'm certainly not trying to minimize your pain by any means; I know what you are experiencing. But since you've gone through the gamut as far as tests why not give this a try, and see what happens?