Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Last year I started having extensive periods that just would not go away?

went along to my GP and he recommended I go on the pill for 6 months. I went off the pill at the beginning of this year. Everything went fine for a while. Then in April my period started doing it\'s own thing. I had a two day period on the 31 and the 1st April, and then again from the 22 - 1st of May. In May I got my period on the 28th and it finished on the 1st of June. Since just before my last period I\'ve had really intense and painful cramps. So much so that they would stop me in my tracks. And my last period was extra strong. And there was clotting. I have had one sexual encounter, butI really do not think thatI could be pregnant. It was during my period, he had a condom, and welll... lets just say that I am still technically a virgin. I went to the Gyn and he did an ultrasound, general exam, and blood test and he seems to think its hormones. Then I do not understand why I feel so bad. The cramps are constant, and sometimes really intense. I am back on the pill at now. help

Downloads
    Uploads
    see a doctor fast

Downloads
    Uploads
    The same happened to me (although I was VERY overweight at the time). It turned out to be hormones & I had to take various meds for about a month b/c the pill didn't help much. In fact, the pill helped so little that after 3 months of having my period, I had became anemic.

Ask your doctor about taking progesterone or estrongen pills to get things back on track if birth control doesn't work for you.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Talk to your doctor about the possibility of endemetriosis (spelling?). I don't know how old you are but your symptoms sound very similar to something I went through a few years back.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You need to see a Gynecologist if you are having these problems. You could have fibroids or a cyst on one or both of your ovaries. They can order an ultrasound that will allow them to look at your uterus and ovaries.