Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

Just Wondering- How You'd Rate The Intensity Of The Described...?

I have Tourette's, tomorrow I finally start going to a doctor who is really supposed to be the one who really knows about my condition.
    For three long months,I have been living in a body that is impervious to my own will. I hit myself and slap myself in the face and head, upper body and legs. My arms and hands shake continuously because they so badly want to squirm the way they do in my arm tics. I pull and tear at my hair (it's pretty long and sometimes I can't even tie it all back, I pull and tear and chew the smaller pieces) I yell and curse, scream, knock things over, hit everything and have so far broken both our sorta-new car's windshield, my bedroom window, among a few other things. I squat every few steps in walking or hop instead of squat. I am constantly getting frustrated and will push things around, throw stuff. etc.
    Would you say what you'd do at this point (believe me, we've tried just about everything so far as meds go) and now are trying to get into a therapy clinic. And after therapy and more meds will be brain surgery... The therapy's supposed to be a three-month course, by the end of the therapy I'll be elligible for the surgery, but still, I mean, I don't want my head cut open and drilled into, my parents have firmly said 'that is the last-resort.' I'm pretty much fed up right now.

How bad-off would you say I am here? Have you ever met anyone with a related condition or someone else who had a chronic disease that effected them? I guess what I want is hope, not more pills or shrinks talking to me about things I can't control.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That sounds awful. Try to surround yourself with things that you know will make you happy. I think THat people are only given what they can handle, which not only makes you incredibly strong, but also very capable.Again, put yourself in good situations, I LOVE animals and they can be super calming. Good luck and try to stay strong =)