Hello, 23 years old here and I had my tonsils removed on the 29th of July(tuesday). So it's been 5 days now and it still really hurts to talk or to even open my jaw some times. Not because my jaw hurts or anything, but when I open my mouth my throat hurts.
Also, it feels like it's burning whenever I drink or eat anything.(I've lost about 10 pounds in these short few days and i'm scary skinny and my hair shedding has gone up a LOT from lack of nutrients i'm assuming)
I looked in the back of my throat this morning and it looks all whitish/yellowish/black and grey where the tonsils used to be and there are red rings around everything.
I expected the redness and it being swollen back there. I know that it should be white..because scabs are forming or something? But should it be yellowish and black back there? The tip of my Uvula(which i until now used to call "that dangly thing") is a white-ish cream color...and it of course it still all long and touching the back of my tongue.

So basically what I'm asking here is, is it normal or should i try gargling out some of that black stuff..or is it normal? Should I be up and about making myself food and such or should I stay confined to my bed as much as I possibly can? My doctor wasn't too informative. Help!