I'm 19 and for the longest time since i was 12 have been having irregular cycles. I would be on schedule for a couple of months like 3 or 5 and then suddenly i would stop having my period for 3-4, and one time i think 5 months. there is some slight pressure and randomly acute (as in small pinches type of feeling) pain slightly above or on my lower region. I never thought too much about it since nothing bad had ever happened to me.

I'm not on pills, virgin so not pregnant. It wasn't until recently, when my friends told me that this might be a problem did i started to worry. I looked up online that this happens to many women and won't be a problem unless i want get pregnant

I'm a first year in college and have gained 5 pounds due to college life and is under stress - but this also happened in the past. i don't want to go to the doctor or go on pills unless this is going to be a problem or serious.

I'm a bit scared and worried right now and would appreciated if someone can help me. is this common and is this serious?