I have been with my girl for 6 months now. For about 5 months of our relationship, everything was great. She was brilliant to be around. I Fell in love with the way she acted, her subtle innocence, and all that lovey dovey stuff. Puking yet?

Now, about a month ago, she had the implanon birth-control implant in her arm, so that we could have better sex. The week after she had it in, we went on holiday.

While we were on holiday, she seemed to lose interest in our relationship. She slept in a seperate bedroom in the tent, saying it was because she liked her own space, and would get too hot in the same bedroom as me. I accepted this, and we went on with our holiday.

The end of the holiday came and went, and we got back to our usual long-distance relationship.

Last weekend, i went to visit her, and she seemed even more cold and dismissive of our relationship. We talked, and she said she wasn't interested in sex, and she never had been, and that she didn't like attention or affection. She said that the relationship was moving too fast.
I asked her what had changed, and she said that she saw cracks in our relationship while we were on holiday that needed patching up before we could get any further.

Interestingly, she seems to have changed her attitude immensely about our relationship since the week after she had her implant in. I have read about decreased sex drive on implanon, and other depression and anxiety related issues.

I know she's not the type to cheat, so this is the only real explanation i can think of. Is the implanon messing her head around? and is it ruining our relationship?

Will she get over it? or will i have to ask her to get it removed?

I'm completely lost, because i love her to bits, and she is completely disregarding the relationship, even though she says she loves me.