Growing up, I was in and out of foster homes and youth shelters. I won't go into it, but my parents were deemed unfit, so I had a really bad childhood because of it. I wasn't really taught good oral hygiene habits, and as a young adult (20) now, it's still hard for me. I am lucky if I brush my teeth once a day, I don't floss, and I don't use mouth wash. I'm trying really hard though, and I've made a commitment to be better about this. I'm afraid I'll end up with no teeth, you know? I've got an alarm set for 3 times a day to remind me to brush my teeth, I'm going to floss, use mouthwash, see a dentist eventually. My teeth don't hurt though, but when I brush my gums do bleed sometimes. My breath doesn't smell. Last time I went to the dentist (first time), I had 3 cavities, which was a year ago, from a lifetime of this. I might have more cavities, who knows, but I can't get to the dentist yet, not for another month, when I get on my new insurance. But it's something I worry about a lot. I'm trying hard, but I don't want to lose all my teeth or anything like that, its a huge fear I have. I am 20, what do you think will happen? What can I do besides what I am already doing? Thanks.