it's almost like I have chronic problems with it falling asleep, but it's not quite the same. It happens at least once a day, though almost always more often, and it's always the same: it feels like my leg is falling asleep from the knee down ... completely numb except for a painful, intense tingling (it hurts much more than when my legs acutally fall asleep, and the more I move the more it hurts). For a long time I've chaulked it up to being poor circulation, but it's getting much worse even as I'm getting healthier. The timeing tends to be random too ... I could be sitting or standing, laying down or walking or (the most frightening case in recent history) driving.

I don't want to go see a doctor unless it's absolutely neccessary (I'm a student, so I don't have a whole lot of extra money laying around), but I've not found any possible explaination for this, and It does seem to be getting worse. So ... any idea as to what might cause this?

Thankyou so much for your help
It may be related to two other problems I have in the same leg:

1) my knee pops almost every time I bend it further than I normally would when walking leisurely. When it doesn't pop, it at leasts locks up and feels like it wants to pop

2) I have a very weak ankle that gives out occasionally, especially If I'm carrying any weight