i was diagnosed borderline 3 years ago. i had the worst time of my life, i went threw identity crises of me including gender, and who i was, i suffered depression, i tried to commit suicide twice, i remember how much i suffered in the mental wards being treated like crap by the nurses and getting tranquilizers injected on my behind 24 7, i went threw cocain binges i went threw living almost on the streets dealing with street people, stealing, abusive relationship, and getting to a weight of 180 pounds, sleeping with whoever didnt have any standards just wanted someone so i wouldnt suffer alone and everyone took advantage of me i can honestly say ive been threw it all, Since last year I have gotten my stuff together i am well non violent, quit coke and booze even quit smoking cigerettes, everyone sees im better but yet everyone still keeps reminding me im borderline, and make jokes about my electroshock therapy, i often am told what to do by my parents most people say im dependant still and im SICK AND TIRED OF BEING TREATED LIKE IM SOME KIND OF A RETARD OK. What am i doing wrong?? if i am really dependant how do i become independant, i hate it when my dad tells me oh did you talk to your psychologist today, n stuff like that.. it makes me feel stupid and retarded. I think I could be independant if i wanted to but how do i prove this to everyone?? help