suggestions for something more effective? Im on 3 40mg extended release oxycontin, 4 30mg Roxicodone,3 350mg soma, 3 300mg of neurontin And 4 2mg of xanax a day. ive been on oxycodone for 11 years now and i think its lost its effectiveness due to my tolerance.

Im only 24 and have been seeing doctors for my pain since i was 13. i suffer from fibro, lupus, Spondylolysis, my discs are sitting on top of each other out of alignment and grinding together and my sciatic nerve trapped between 2 discs. (LUCKY ME!! NOT)

The surgeon reccomended a double surgery (one abdominal, one through my back) to place cartlidge spacers and rods and bolts plus moving the nerve from between the 2 discs. Im trying my best to avoid surgery since there is only a 75% chance it will improve any. The surgery could make it worse or cause nerve damage or bruising.Anyone had a successful back surgery?. (my mom had 3 and when she got it fixed the discs above it went wacko) all i've heard is bad things about back surgery.

even with the dose im on i still suffer from severe pain...so bad that most days i can do nothing but lay in bed.. i cant stand for more than 30 minutes without my back locking up and having shooting pains and spasms.
Morphine makes me extremely sick to my stomach and i've tried lyrica..neither were helpful.
Any suggestions of any more effective medications i can mention to my doc would be greatly appreciated!!! please help me!!!! im desperate

i have a wonderful pain mngt. doc. that will basically write what you ask for as long as its reasonable so i need some suggestions !!! PLEASE HELP!!!

-Amber