Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    A W

If you have severe acne and have long hair, will that make the acne worse by...

...having long hair? Some abrupt pharmacist at the Bioscor Athestic Centre said that for me to treat and get rid of acne I need a shampoo for oily hair and to have my hair short, however, when I did have my hair short - a few years ago, I still had bad acne then, which I was taking antibiotics for, and I've had acne since I was around 12, and I'm now in my mid 20's.
    No G,P. or even the Dermotologist I was referred to late last year, ever made any comments about my hair.
    Makes you wonder how for instance if a woman had bad/severe acne (woman in this case, as many women have long hair) how they keep, retain their long hair and treat their bad acne alright.
    This pharmacist said in that instance, he would advise them to wear (tie) their hair back.

I don't see how tieing it back compared to letting it hang/drape free would make any difference to oily hair and it's affect on acne.
    What signs are there that you would have oily hair anyway?

Kelly E
    Generally if your hair is oily so is your face - by keeping hair off your face it could help the acne (or at least wear it off yuor face and use a shampoo for oily hair, repeat) I do not feel that it's the reason for acne. Hormones/genes/stress are!!

Junior Member loshene_devika_anandan's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    just make sure your hair does not cover your face.. when u shower and leave your damp hair hanging over your face, the dampness allows the germs to multiply. oily also allows germs to multiply.. the signs for oily hair... just feel your hair... u can tell.... so wash your hair with shampoo everydey.. to get rid of the oil... and if your hair covers your face, blow dry it after showering