I have a major issue with my looks. I posted a few pics below. I'm 6'3", about 235-240 (estimate), and am forced to shave my head since I lost my hair at a very young age (I spent a lot of money on transplants, but they only gave me some thinning hair in front). I'm trying to make a decision and I'm hoping people will give this a bit of thought and maybe not give me their first answer.

I want to lose 100 lbs. I know this sounds extreme, but I cannot stand being seen as a big guy. I posted a few times on here asking people what kind of guy I looked like and the answers pretty much confirmed my fears. Most said I looked like some big football player type who could protect his woman, etc. To me, that's worse than telling me I look like a child molester (though one or two people said that as well...*L). I'm not interested in girls who think men should be big and manly and "protect" them....even worse, several girls who responded were taller/bigger and told me they'd love a guy like me because it would make them seem smaller by comparison.

On one hand, losing that much weight might make people stop seeing me as some big guy, and I could really care less if people would find me less attractive being skinny....the point isn't to find what other people like and emulate it (which is exactly what everyone encourages me to do), but rather to get as close as I can to what I want. I'll never be totally satisfied since I'm so tall and I'm bald, but all I can do is the best I can.

On the other hand, the other option (and I'm guessing, the one everyone will tell me to do) is simply to get in shape. I admit that it has its positives...obviously, it's healthier, it's more attractive in a mainstream way (though this isn't really a concern of mine), and obviously I cannot transform myself into a physically smaller being due to my basic structure. However, if I do get in shape and some girl finds it hot, I know I will feel terrible because not only will she be inadvertently confirming my negative feelings about myself (she thinks I look good big, whereas I think big and bald is unattractive), but that I worked so hard to get a body that everyone else wants me to strive for, not me. See, I'm not into all that manly protector stuff, and I know that getting in shape (not getting big, but still doing weight training along with cardio) will only encourage that image that I already hate so much.

Anyway, I'm curious to know what people think. I know this is sort of a complex issue and difficult for a lot of people to understand (most people figure all guys want to be seen as big, strong, protective, etc.). This is a big decision for me and I'm trying to get all the input I can.

http://s385.photobucket.com/albums/oo296/curseofdolkite/