Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

I think I may have problems with my Mental Health?

I'm thirteen years old.
    Over this past year I have developed a huge fear and anxiety for "bad guys" and people trying to kidnapp me. I have very compulsive thoughts about this... when I don't have to go somewhere the next day I will literally stay awake all night in fear that if I go to sleep, something bad will happen.

I constantly check doors to make sure they are locked. The same with windows. If I hear a car go by, I immediately run to the window and check if the car is coming towards my house (Only If I am home alone or at night time when everyone else is as leep)
    There have been cars parked right outside my house and in my driveway. My dad assures me they are police cars because he has seen them. He says they are just patrolling the neighborhood, but I can't believe him.

When I'm walking the dog and cars drive slowly by me I start to run. I plan of a way to escape if someone tries to grab me. Sometimes I sleep with my brother because it feels the slightest bit comforting. There was one incedent when I was panicking so much that I slept under my parents bed and locked the door. It was uncomfortable but I knew they were right by me.

I wake my dad up if I see a car parked near our house in the early morning.... for example 3am. My parents are getting fed up with me because I'm being crazy. I admit to it, but the thoughts can't leave my mind. I haven't been diagnosed with anything... do you think I have a serious problem?

It's 4:45 right now... I have not slept yet.
    When I hear a noise in the night, loud or quiet my heart starts pounding insanely fast and it's heard for me to think straight or breath properly. My knees wobble and I feel dizzy.
    I'm a girl. And none of my friends act like this.

Dawn M- School hasn't yet started for me. I do very well in school but ever since developing this problem I'm concerned for my grades!
    I'm not a boy... why are people assuming this?
    Nope, no scary movies or horror films... i've always been scared of this... it started with fear of the dark & monsters when I was younger. Not it's developed more and it's got much worse!
    Nope, no scary movies or horror films... i've always been scared of this... it started with fear of the dark & monsters when I was younger. Not it's developed more and it's got much worse!

Downloads
    Uploads
    sounds like you have Paranoia my friend got put on medication and it help him

Downloads
    Uploads
    Its natural to be afraid at that age. Heck, i'm 17, and I still check behind doors to make sure no ones back there. You just need to get into an "Out of sight. Out of mind" mindset. Trust me, as soon as you think about the possibility of anything actually happening, you start to laugh. I was the exact same way when I was your age.