I think I'm experiencing the early stages of heart disease. I'm going to get it checked out at a walk-in clinic on Monday, but in the mean time, is there anything I can do to try and lower my blood pressure?

My Mom's Mom had two strokes. My Dad's Dad had two heartattacks. Both my parents are currently on blood pressure medicine. My 31 year old, older sister is overweight and on blood pressure medicine.

I'm only 25. I'm only 10 pounds overweight according to my BMI. But, I'm extremly stressed out all the time. I'm a PhD student, and PhD life is mega stressful. I have anxiety problems, I get panic attacks all the time. I developed a nervous twitch in my eye because my stress levels are so high.

Lately, when I've been stressing out, I've been experiencing chest pains, down the middle of my chest. Once, on Wednesday (two days ago) I felt the chest pain, plus a pinch in my arm. I wasn't sure if it was a panic attack, or a heart attack. I stopped what I was doing and did relaxation therapy and it eased.

Tonight, I had a few alcoholic beverages. After the third, I got the chest pain.

I'm worried that I'm experiencing angina (chest pains which are a part of heart disease). Like I said at the top, I'm going to see a doctor on Monday to get my blood pressure checked and to talk about this. But in the mean time, is there anything I can do? What will help to avoid further chest pains, until I can see a doctor?