Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

I saw a new dr that didn't even take vitals!?

I picked a dr out of the phone book for a back injury, I sat in his office for 4 hours, and when I was called to the back, they did an ekg, which is what they do with all new patients. When the dr finally saw me, no vitals were taking or anything, no back round history, ect. He just basically sent me home with baclofen, percocet and naproxen. Please tell me this is unusual!

I know I should have questioned him a little more, but he was not very pleasant, and I doubt I will be back.

Downloads
    Uploads
    First, a doctor should be like your friend, easy to talk to. you should be able to ask questions without worrying about what they will think.

I would choose a doctor, maybe one of the same sex, and try talking to them a little while, see if they listen to you, a doctor is one who should listen to any health concerns you may have, they are getting paid to do that.

Some doctors(older ones usually) will not take vitals, your alive and breathings and not complaining of any other sympoms other than back pain, so he may not be worried about your vitals.

Just call him, get your records and go to a new doctor, one you may have had suggested to you by a friend or family member. One you can talk to.