Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

I quit smoking three months ago, how long will it take for my lungs to fully recover?

To clarify, I am a 35 year old male who smoked for 15 years - I smoked between 6-8 filtered cigarettes a day for 5 years and then stopped smoking cigarettes and switched to smoking 2 fairly slim cigars a day for the remaining 10 years.

I do exercise regularly - I walk 2 miles a day.

Sorry if this is in the wrong section- think of it as *preventing* respiratory disease!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Anyone who does not get cancer,or some other smoking related health problem, from smoking that heavily and for that long of a time is considerably lucky in my opinion....and just because THEY haven't gotten cancer doesn't mean it wont happen eventually and certainly doesn't mean it wont happen to you...

but to answer your question..yes the lungs can repair themselves if you quit smoking however it does take years for them to get back to the way they were before smoking...