Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have what I thought was ring worm, but it's been a couple years now and I

can't get rid of it? The anti-fungal creams used to treat ring worm will temporarily get rid of it, but it always pops up a few days later if left untreated. I read somewhere that the body's immune system would naturally kick in and get rid of it after few months. Well it's been a few years now and it's still there. It's actually at 2 other spots now as well. I've treated it for 2 weeks straight with the anti fungal cream every time I got out of the shower, thinking that would be enough. 2 days after applying it, it disappeared and continued to use it for almost another 2 weeks. 3 weeks later it reappeared. Is this ring worm or some sort of advanced version of it? Anything else very similar to ring worm I may have, and I can treat it properly? Any other advice?

It's circular in shape, about half the size of a penny, and it itches like hell when it's not being treated. The skin it infects is usually dry, so if I scratch, it ends up bleeding pretty easily. Of course I stopped scratching it though, that's how it spreads easily.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You may actually have excema or psoriasis, aka dry skin. My husband has psoriasis and actually makes little round spots as you described. Try applying some excema lotion such as Nivea dry skin cream or a cheaper version that is made for extreme dry skin/ excema. Do it 2 times a day especially immediately after exiting the shower or bath. See if this kicks it.