Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have Sickle cell disease. Should I get pregnant?

Iam 20 years old. Married and I have 2 babies. My 1st born is 19 months as of October 20th and my second child is 8 months as of November 12th. No one thought that I would be able to have children because I have sickle cell disease which is a very harmful medical condition. However I had my children with some health problems.

With my son my 1st born, I did fine till after I had him my lood presure got high and they had to keep an eye on that for about 2 weeks. With my daughter my second child, I had some kind of infection that made me have vaginal bleeding on and off for a month and a half. My water broke at 30 weeks and I was put on bed rest while in the hospital and was scheduled to have my labor induced at 34 weeks. 2 weeks into my hospitalization I started to have contractions. They tried to stop them or at least slow them down so my baby would have more time to develope. However they couldn't stop them and I had to get and emergency C-section because my baby was breech and the cord was in my vaginal canal and they didn't want to put the baby at risk. A day after her delivery I found out I had an pelvic hemotoma (blood clots in my pelvic) where they made the C-section cut. They had to insert a tube into my pelvic to drain out the blood clots that were causeing me great pain and also preventing me from urinating. 1 week after my delivery I went home but without my daughter she was only 3 lbs at birth and they wanted her to put on more weight,other than that no health problems. She came home 2 weeks after her birth at exactly 4 lbs.
    As of this present day I would like to start trying to concieve again! I love being a mother and love kids so much! Do u think I should go ahead and start trying again or should I give my body a rest? And if so how long should I wait before I start trying to concieve again?

This is a very important question for me guys I really want your advice!!! HELP!!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't think it would be that safe.