A few weeks ago, I had a bad breakout on my jawline. A little acne here and there isn't uncommon for my skin, but I've never had such a severe breakout. (I'm 21, so I was hoping all the BAD acne was over) The places were mostly around my chin, and didn't ever come to a head. I'm not usually one to mess with them, but after the third one came up, and they weren't going away, I tried to see if I could get anything out of them. I got a little clear fluid, but never anything else. Most of the places became sore and chapped...kind of like a fever blister. I've never had a fever blister, and my husband doesn't get them either. Not to mention they were all the way down my chin, not just near the mouth....anyway. I finally started using a face cleansing lotion by Burts Bees, and that really helped take care of that problem...

Before the others were totally healed, I broke out again. It started as a few small pimples on my jaw...I left them alone and all but one healed. I also developed one on the other side of my face, in the hollow below my cheek....The one on my jaw became so severly infected that it was hot to touch, painful, and swollen off of my face. I went to a very rude/incompetent doctor who gave me antibiotics, but didn't tell me what it is or how it started...

Both places have started to drain now...I put heat on them and then gently press to encourage the infection out. It had gotten so severe that my lymph node had swollen on the side of my face where the jwaline one was....

Does anyone have an idea of what this could be? I work with children, so staff has crossed my mind, but I just don't know! I had also considered it might be dental, as it's been years since I've been...but there was never any pain, swelling, or redness in my gum or tooth...also it's on both sides, which makes me think it's not my tooth.

P.S. I did visit the doc a few weeks ago for a lump under my chin...he said he thought it was a swollen salivary gland, and that it should clear up on it's own. It's still there...I suggest to the most recent doctor that maybe they were related...she didn't really give any answer on it though.