I went to the Dr. last wednesday and found out I have tmj (Temporomandibular joint disorder) I was in severe pain because My joint is stuck and now I need to have surgery done. The Dr. prescribed me some pain killers and muscle relaxers. The meds dried out my mouth really bad and I ended up with puss pocket at the roof of my mouth. I went back to the Dr. and he said I had adult thrush because of m meds. He prescribed me Nystatin and I am supposed to use it 4 times a day for 10 days. It helped get rid of all the puss pockets and redness t the roof of my mouth but now I have big bumps on the back of my tongue and ll over my throat and it burns really bad. I am still taking the Nystatin and eating a lot of yogurt which isn't helping. Is there something I can buy at Walgreens or someplace without a prescription to help with the burning? It hurts to eat and drink. Please somebody help.I even called Walgreens and asked the pharmacist and he said to use orajel mouth rinse and when I did it burned even worse for bout 10min.