Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Junior Member i_dont_care_anymore's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

I don't have bipolar so what the hell is wrong?

I was assessed for bipolar which i don't have, instead they said i had a mood disorder which was mild. But my moods swings are a nightmare, i get low where the only options in my head is suicide, i get angry and am very rude, i don't care about me and others, i hit out and get very frustrated. This can last for a few days and when i come out of it i feel normal but then i get too happy, in my stomach i have constant butterflies and i am ready to run, i have so much energy, i am really hyper and can't stop laughing over things that other people don't find funny, in this mood i don't really care what other people think of me either but when i am in a 'normal' mood i am very shy and have very low self esteem i also have social anxiety. So when i am in a low/high mood this makes me feel worse when i am 'normal' as i remember how rude i am too people and i feel bad at how blunt i have been etc.

Does anyone know what could be going on? I just feel like i am not getting better as i don't know how to help myself? Does this just sound like normal way of dealing with mental health? I am so confused, today i am feeling in a 'normal' mood but for the past 4 days i have been very hyper.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hmm... I'm surprised you dont have bipolar disorder. Talk to your doctor about being put on some kind of medication that will balance your brain out. And being this is not normal behavior just because your "female" (read the 1st answer).

My sister is like this and she takes Zoloft daily... if she misses a day then she's crazy!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Try getting a 2nd opinion & if you can't, talk to your Dr. about how you feel & what you think of the diagnosis.
    Some therapists tend to minimize emotions of teens, especially if they don't see an outburst in person, so if you are a teen be very clear about how confused you are about your emotions. It is best for teens to avoid medication, but if it's needed should be tried.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You're a woman.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You're a woman.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Exactly, Mike L