Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Audrey

Huge breakfast, so want to skip lunch, size zero!?

I feel terrible. I had a massive breakfast today, much more than i normally have and am really regretting it now as i'm desperate to lose weight. I am thinking of skipping lunch as a way to counteract the extra calories i have eaten this morning. I know starving is unhealthy but it has worked in reducing the weight for me already. I want to get down to a size zero and i don't care what it takes, so if i skip lunch today will it help me to achieve this?

Junior Member pisaVonSlappaNEWAUNT's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Listen, I was a size two and getting really sick.
    I forced myself to gain eight lbs. and now I
    feel better and am not getting sick all the time.
    I look great and my clothes (size 4) look better
    on too !
    Eat normal meals. Don't skip.
    Don't eat junk or sweets, and your appetite will
    decrease naturally.

springbuds
    It might do, but it is probably more likely to make you eat more later. why not eat but eat a salad? it will keep you full so stop you eating more later and it doesn't have many calories.

Richard S
    Skipping meals 'tells' your body that your starving, so the next time you eat, it will store as much fat as it can (fat being, simply, an energy store) in anticipation of the next time you begin to 'starve.

Skipping meals will make you fat.

Ryan
    you would lose fat by cutting out your other meals in the day but your body would adapt to the famine by catabolism(basically muscle loss) and slowing your metabolism which means for that day your at rest calorie expenditure would be significantly less. What I would suggest you do is just eat a small slow digesting carb or protien such as a banana or cottege cheese just so that your metabolism doesn't adapt to famine by slowing down.