Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Flickr Watch us on YouTube Google+
    Downloads
    Uploads

How much will it cost to fix my tooth?

Yesterday evening I was eating a salad when I bit into what I thought was a rock. Upon further investigation I realized that said rock was not actually a rock at all, but a chunk of the 'inner surface' of my 2nd molar (#18)..
    Well, I guess I need to give a little 'back story'...about a year and a half ago I got a root canal done on my #18 in South Carolina. The Dentist did a great job, but was not able to do a crown on my tooth because he lacked the proper equipment/tools needed for that treatment. I know I know I know, I should have seen a dentist to do a crown MONTHS ago but we didn't have insurance/money. . I wasn't always thinking about my tooth. You know the whole saying "out of sight, out of mind"..so, anyway there has been a hole in my tooth and it finally cracked too much and here we are now....

so here are my questions:
    What procedure do you think will need to be done on my tooth?
    What kind of Dentist should I go to?
    Will I need my whole tooth extracted?

and do you know roughly how much it would be(I live in Southern CA. and I have insurance now, but will prob need to pay 10%, so I was just needing to get an estimate to determine how much I will need to have to pay to fix my tooth)?

THANKS

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm in the same boat.....I'm told $2000 to fix it or $300 to yank it